1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
A lot of people call me Karlysue, because my middle name is Suzanne (Sue for short). And since a trademark of mine is my messy hairdos, it only seemed fitting to tie it all together to form karlysue's messy dos! Plus it's got a nice ring to it, right?
2. What made you decide to start your blog?
People ask me about my hair all the time. I get the same comments and questions on a regular basis... wondering, "how do you get your hair like that?" I don't always want to tell people my secrets, but my friends were actually the ones that told me I should start blogging about it because they want to know the tricks behind my messydos. Enough people seemed interested, plus I wanted a space to display my artwork and post coffee shop ideas, so I combined it all into one.
3. What is your favorite food?
Almost anything with peanut butter :)
4. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Lululemon is my danger zone.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be & why?
Geneva, Switzerland because I hear it is beautiful and I want to go snowboarding in the Swiss Alps.
6. What’s your favorite pastime other than blogging?
Traveling to new places and discovering cool coffee shops.
7. What’s your favorite post you’ve written & why?
Out of my whopping 3 posts so far (including this one), I would say "the messy do" phase 2. Everytime I read it I am reminded of how God carried me through last year, and it makes me so thankful for all I have learned and for how I've grown.
8. A long lost relative gives you a large sum of money, what do you do with it?
Lululemon shopping spree and then travel Europe!
9. What is your all time favorite movie?
Tie between Brown Sugar and Love & Basketball.
10. Where do you see your blog going in the next year?
I am taking one step at a time, moment by moment. I'm a rookie, so the learning curve is huge. Whenever I feel prompted to write about something, I will. If 2 people end up following me, so be it. At least I know my mommy and daddy will read it :)
11. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My head and my heart. My hair is on my head, so there's that. And my heart, because I over analyze anything my heart is sensitive to. I process through writing and reflecting, so there are times when my brain won't turn off at night and I'll be typing notes into my phone at 2am. And that, my friends, is why I'm a mess... haha.
And there you have it... thanks again for nominating me, Madelyn! I now nominate the ladies behind these 10 blogs:
A Thousand Tiny Pearls, Peace|Love|Health, Katie's Kitchen Counter, There's Always Monday, Taylor the Creator, Coffee and Tacos, To Be Authentic Me, The Brimhalls, Alive & Active, and Running on Grace.
To accept your award you must: Answer all 11 questions given to you, comment on this post with a link to your answers so I can read them, in your post be sure to link back to the person that nominated you, & nominate 8-10 other bloggers for the award!
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog? 2. What made you decide to start your blog? 3. What is your favorite food? 4. Where is your favorite place to shop? 5. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be & why? 6. What’s your favorite pastime other than blogging? 7. What’s your favorite post you’ve written & why? 8. A long lost relative gives you a large sum of money, what do you do with it? 9. What is your all time favorite movie? 10. Where do you see your blog going in the next year? 11. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
Have fun :)